Happy New Year, Freezer Fulligans! It’s been a while since I posted. That’s because I’ve been too busy eating and drinking thanks to my wonderful friends and family. Instead of posting a traditional haul post this week, here is just some of the loot I have been feasting on since Christmas:
- An entire gluten-free, vegan apple raspberry pie
- An entire wheel of brie (enjoyed on gluten-free crackers)
- Two bottles of organic wine (one red, one white)
- Organic pale ale
- Hard cider
- Still more beer (an entire grocery bag full of different selections, plus prosecco; I love my family)
- A Dogfish Head Brewery gift certificate with which to buy even more beer at a later date
- Many, many bars of various flavors of chocolate, plus a couple of truffles that didn’t last very long
- Gluten-free spinach pasta
- Something called grill honey, meant to brush over grilled meats — I can’t wait to try this
- Double chocolate peanut butter
- Penzey’s spice blends
- Plus still more items!
I also received an Amazon gift card, which I put toward some kitchen utensils.
I’ve had my work cut out for me, eating through all of this food, and it’s going to be a big job to work it off. It’s worth it though. Fortunately, I’ve had some healthy stuff too. This is what my fridge looked like shortly before Xmas, thanks to a local church’s fruit sale:
The citrus fruit is so good. I dried the apples and pears. I’ve also been working through a lot of greens from the farm share that I participate in.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, whichever one(s) you celebrate, and that you have a terrific 2013!